If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Saturday 12 May 2012

No News is Good News.... Right?

I'm off to London on Monday for the week to stay with a friend. If I'm honest, I think it's exactly what I need right now to take my mind off things. My family had a bit of bad news this week, and to be honest I am pretty gutted about it. I'm not going to say much more about it as it wouldn't be fair, but it's one of those biggies that will change my family life, and the way people feel. So right now, that's all I can think about, and my mind keeps coming up with if's and but's, and whether things are likely to get better rather than worse. And it has taken me a few days to realise that it isn't going to get better, and we need to come to terms with this.

I'm pretty good at being the rock in my family. When things really matter, I keep my feelings all tied up inside me, and get on with life. It's what I've been brought up to do. Look after everyone else. And this is what I'm going to do this time too. As long as everyone else is okay, then I will be too. I have to be, for everyone else. I was the rock when my Dad left, I was the rock when my Nan died, and I will be the rock this time. So I apologise for the break in my blogging, but right now my family comes first, and it will do for the forseeable future.

I'm going to London to get away for a bit. Distract me from said recent events. Theres nothing like an Oxford Street shopping trip and wine dinner with one of my best friends to take my mind off things for a bit. I'm looking forward to catching up with a few friends that I hardly ever see.

So I can't remember the last time I posted on here, but I got myself another job. Waitressing in a little Italian restaurant in St Ives called Peppers. I've always loved the food, and I love the social side that waitressing gives me (plus tips are obviously a huge bonus!). At the moment I just work there on the weekends, and my other job during the week as normal. During the summer this will increase to quite a few days during the week, so I will be flitting about here there and everywhere and not sleeping much, but by September I WILL have my Macbook Pro to replace my extremely poorly netbook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment