If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Thursday 14 June 2012

Salad and Gin.

So this week I have had a bet with my boyfriend. We are both absolutely terrible at sticking to diets. Anyone that knows us will say this. Every single day I say "I'm not eating any more shit" or "I am giving up wine, look at my tummy". It lasts for a day or two and then I cave and go back to the way I was. So this week we challenged each other not to eat any carbohydrates for the week, and see how we go. And because he had such little faith in me, he said that he would outlast me and I would cave first. Obviously I wasn't going to let him lose, so I took the challenge head on.

It was only when I accepted the challenge that I actually realised it was a VERY strict diet. I live on pasta and bread, so there was no doubt in my mind that I was going to find this difficult. There was only so much rabbit food (i.e lettuce) I could eat, and only so much water I could drink without getting bored. But nevertheless I have given it my best shot, and 4 days in, I am still carb free.

The boyfriend said that I would feel a lot better in myself, and be happier if I cut out all the shit from my life. And I hate to say this, but hes bloody right. I feel great in myself, and in such a good mood. Even hungover today (from gin I might add, no wine was involved as this would also count as a loss to the challenge), I am in a good mood. And that is a rarity in itself. So maybe this whole diet business is a good thing. And I feel so much better for it, it's made me ever more determined to carry on!

Watch this space.. I'll be stick thin in no time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do the same with chocolate!! Best of luck anyway, prove him wrong!!! <3

Post a Comment