If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Thursday 12 July 2012

“Never too old, never too bad, never too late, never too sick to start from scratch once again.”

So a few weeks ago, my Dad managed to secure himself a new job. I am so chuffed for him, he deserves some good news in his life finally. After a year or two of being unemployed, and all the shit going down in our family, to see him achieve something he's gone after is so great. The only downside is that he has had to move away. He now lives in Tunbridge Wells, just outside of London.

Now I know what you're thinking, London is a GREAT place to be job-wise. And I completely agree. The people there make more money, and I love London as a whole. So in my opinion he is very lucky to be living there. But it's been difficult not having him a half hour train journey away when I need a Daddy cuddle, or to get away from the nightmares of everything for a while. Sundays with my Dad watching movies and eating popcorn were definitely the best. And I'm not saying they won't happen again, of course they will, it's just weird not being able to say "oh I'm going to come over today", I have to actually plan in advance. And that's something I'm not great at doing. 

From an unselfish point of view, this is probably the best thing for him to do. By far. I imagine leaving his fiance behind was difficult, but she's going to be joining him up there soon enough, and me and my sister can hop on a train whenever we like. But from a selfish point of view, it is going to be difficult not having him here to moan to over ham and eggs for lunch. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment