If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Friday 24 February 2012

The Clothes Make The Man.. Or Do They?


Have you ever wondered what goes through peoples minds when they wake up in the morning and look in the mirror? Do they think, yeah I look pretty good, or do they think they're a mess, or even all of the above?
I woke up this morning, looked in the mirror and saw a bright eyed version of my normal self. For some reason this morning I was really awake, had a good nights sleep and even had time for breakfast this morning.

I went to Truro to see my Dad today. We went for lunch in this cute little cafe, which looked out onto Pydar Street. I could sit for hours and people watch. Hours. And never get bored. And whilst I'm probably in no position to judge what people look like, I always do it. It's a trait of mine I'm not too proud of. But on the other hand it can be very entertaining. These for one instance, should NEVER be worn under ANY circumstances.

 << I saw a guy wearing this but about 6 times puffier. And he was wearing it with red ankle swingers. Now I know more than most that these coats yes are very warm, and very comfortable (my Mum bought me one when I was abou 5, and along with my other fashion disasters I looked quite a sight.) but a guys reputation just goes out the window as soon as he dons this terrible jacket.

<<      Crocs should never even have been invented. Let alone sold to members of the vulnerable public who love nothing more than a comfy pair of shoes. And especially not to a middle aged lady who was wearing a gypsy skirt and socks with them.





Now whilst writing this I do feel a bit critical of the general public, but I just don't understand what goes through people's head when they get dressed in the morning. Okay, people that have no fashion sense may be genius's, or scientists, or they may help people in ways I could only dream of, but from my point of view, I don't see why it seems hard for people to put together an outfit, that if not on trend or looking good, but at least matching? Although, they may see the way I dress as unessessary and that they don't understand it, each to their own! I think my love and need of fashion and clothes came from the awful outfits my Mother dressed me in when I was younger, and because I despised them I must have subconsciously came to the conclusion that I needed to make an effort with fashion just because I had let it down so badly in my childhood.

On the subject of clothes, I had a massive sort out last night of my wardrobe and my room. I love having a sort out after a stressful day. It's an odd one but I feel it helps me unwind and I felt a lot better at the end of it. My main reason for sorting out my room was so my michievous little (not so little) sister wouldn't go through my things anymore. I buy quite expensive beauty products, and to find those half used, broken or msising completely is a little disheartening. It has happened over the last few years that I have been back at home and I thought it was a habit that might have been abandoned over time, but when the products got better, she got more curious. 

I got to sorting out my wardrobe. And I have even sorted it into categories by shelves. (I am never this organised so it is a little worrying). I now have shelves for each category of outfit. I have a shelf for my heels of course, (which may have to get a little bigger because it is full, and I can't buy anymore shoes and we cannot be having that); I have a shelf for my "you can go out looking socially acceptable wearing that" outfits, such as my high waisted skirts and tops, I have a shelf for "you really shouldn't be wearing that unless playing netball or sleeping, and if you do you're pretty much a lost cause" outfits, full of my tracksuits and hoodies, and I have my "Out with the girls on a night out" rail, where all my dresses hang proudly, kind of waiting to see which one would be picked on a Saturday night. Ha it sounds so lame writing this out but this is truly what was going through my head when I was re-arranging this. Now all I have to do is go to one shelf to decide what I want to look like today.

In other news, I have been listening to Emeli Sande's Album, Our Version Of Events. And it is amazing. She has an incredible voice, and I haven't stopped listening to her album since I put it on my ipod on Monday. This is my favourite track. It's not very good quality but it was the best I could find. Enjoy :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment