If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Friday 24 February 2012

“I love new clothes. If everyone could just wear new clothes everyday, I reckon depression wouldn’t exist anymore.”


I have been quite ill recently so have been struggling with blog posts, as my lack of motivation didn't seem to expand past moving out of my bed for 3 days. I hate being ill, I feel so useless. Anyone that knows me will know that I tend to be ill more than your average person. Always coming down with whatever is going round at the time. This time I came down with pharyngitus. It's a horrible virus where your throat swells up and you can't eat. As you can imagine, for me (a lover of food) this was a major issue. A diet of mashed potato and soup for 3 days just really was not appealing. So I tried to rebel against this illness and try eating things such as baguettes or crisps; then failing when my throat felt like it had been sliced apart, and retreated back to the mash, feeling like a failure.

On the plus side, I have found a way to have a heater next to me in work, so whilst writing this I am toasty warm, which is a rarity seeing as the last month of Saturdays I have been sat too cold to write, read or do anything except for huddle in my numerous layers of clothing and pray for 2 o'clock to come around. Of course at 2 o'clock my day is far from over. I work at a Roller Disco afterwards, and it is actually quite a laugh, seeing as I am pretty useless at roller skating. Whilst there, I have fallen on my ass more times than the children there. I have no sense of balance, and it doesn't matter how much I practice and try to get better at it, nothing seems to work. All the rest of the staff seem to have it down to a tee, doing fancy twirls and spins. I'm lucky if I can skate in a straight line. Don't even get me started on trying to turn a corner. Then we are in trouble.

Off to Plymouth tomorrow with Cara. Haven't been shopping in so long (internet shopping doesn't count, seeing as I don't actually have to move anywhere to own shiny new clothes), and am really looking forward to it. I don't think my wardrobe is looking forward to the prospects of having to hold even more clothes however, seeing as it is already bursting at the seams, and if it holds anymore it may well collapse. Friends think I'm crazy when I say I have nothing to wear. I'm the type of person that has to buy a new dress EVERY time I go on a night out with the girls, or a dinner date with the boyfriend, or even new pj's for just chilling in the house. For me, I don't feel comfortable or like I look good if I don't have a new dress or outfit to prance around in...

And I wonder why I am always poor?

0 comments:

Post a Comment