If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Friday 24 February 2012

“Enthusiasm is excitement with inspiration, motivation, and a pinch of creativity.”


I went shopping in Plymouth on Sunday with a friend. After waking up early, phoning her numerous times to check she was actually awake after going out the night before, we got in the car and drove up there. My mission was simple: buy as many clothes as possible, seeing as I was bored with every item in my wardrobe.

When I got there I was sorely disappointed.

I found nothing. Normally at least something jumps out at me, but nothing did (well the odd ice cream colour jeans, but my legs are too long to fit in them), not even anything that I couldn't afford made me drool with excitement at how pretty it was. It seems to me like the fashion at the moment just is not me. Its either too fussy, too flouncy, too frumpy, or too boring. There seems to be nothing to meet in the middle. And thats what I like. The middle man. Nothing too fussy, but with a bit of detail, and something thats not too plain that I need to accessorise the hell out of it. Frustrating, because after a whole day shopping, eating burger king, and nursing a hungover Cara who had to sit down in every shop whilst I perused and walked out feeling deflated and refusing to give up, I returned with 2 pairs of leggings and a top. And a plain top at that. It's coral, so I guess it's not too boring, but I definately have to team it with jewellery or another top to make it look like I've actually made an effort. Just to make me feel better I had to buy a beautiful new bag before leaving too, to add to my massive collection, just to make me feel like the whole trip wasn't a complete waste of time. (Well thats the excuse I'm using anyway).

When I got home I did some online shopping as I was feeling down about my failed shopping trip. But not for clothes this time. I went onto Paperchase and spent £30 on stationary. Now most people would find this pretty crazy, but stationary is another one of my obsessions. I have to have everything. And seeing as I'm trying to get back into my designing, I thought there wasn't a better time to purchase a new sketchbook and pretty accessories. I now have everything I should need when it comes to my illustrations. And this time I refuse to let anyone tell me that my work is not good enough.

Now all I need is the inspiration.

0 comments:

Post a Comment