If Everything Could Eever Feel This Real Forever. If Anything Could Ever Be This Good Again. The Only Thing I'll Ever Ask Of You, You Gotta Promise Not To Stop When I Say When.
RSS

Friday 24 February 2012

Just For Schmucks?


Now I used to be one, among thousands of others that thought valentines day was a lame excuse for couples to act all... couply, i guess, toward each other. I am the first person to say that I hate public displays of affection. I mean, there are some things just best kept under wraps, and tonsil tennis is definately one of them. The whole valentines day is no different than any other day, when people take the opportunity to tell their loved one how they're feeling, and do special things to make their other half happy. In my opinion, this should not only happen once a year. This should happen every day. A simple 'I Love You' will suffice, smiles and cuddles. Thats all I need.

After being given a rose by my lovely boyfriend (which has never happened before, except for a fake one when I was about 15), I got to thinking that occasions such as valentines day were actually quite close to my heart, and that I enjoyed to be made to feel special. Obviously I do feel special most of the time when I'm around him, but this particular day more than most. And then when I got presented with two packets of pom bears, I came to the conclusion that he definately knows the simple way to my heart.

So being the old fashioned romantic that I am, I thought I'd cook dinner tonight. Make an effort in the kitchen and all that. And touch wood it has gone well so far. Who knew I was actually pretty good at the whole dinner thing? Candles, love hearts and confetti spread around the table, and yours faithfully (this hardly ever happens) actually making an effort in her appearance.

Now after the main course of chicken with cheese and chorizo, meditteranean vegetables and potatoes, I am truly stuffed. But with a glass of wine in my hand, and typing this with the other, I guess its time to crack on with dessert.

Happy Valentines Day :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment